Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Spoonfest Pictures

I had a great time at Spoonfest in Edale, Derbyshire last weekend even though I had to come home early. We had the pleasure of many talented craftsmen demonstrating and leading workshops as well as chatting with us throughout the event. This combined with an excellent gallery, spoonshop and tool try area, really helps with furthering the art of carving, with spoons an excellent way to concentrate on the main skills and have some fun with a large group of like minded folks.


The man!


Mr Hill bark sheath making 

 
Jogge's very nice spoons

and another beautiful one by a famous chap ; ) 


It wasn't all spoons

My "Take Hart" moment of fame! I can hear the music now....

Workshop time

Splitting, but not as we know it.

Blue sky over the great ridge.

Cant wait for next year if it goes ahead. The family will be coming along and we really hope the destination will happen.
Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers that made such a unique and worth
 while event take place so successfully. I have to say I was in my element : )